I am Renato Athaydes.
This is my personal website.
It was created using only HTML/CSS and Magnanimous, a static website generator that I wrote myself.
Here you’ll find blog posts I wrote and links to some of my programming side projects.
Most recent blog posts:
- 15 Jan 2022, 11:49 PM - Replacing logging APIs with the Java System Logger
- 10 Oct 2021, 09:13 PM - Revenge of Lisp (Part 2⁄2)
- 30 Sep 2021, 09:21 PM - Revenge of Lisp (Part 1⁄2)
- 15 Aug 2021, 07:38 PM - How to write fast Rust code
- 08 Aug 2021, 06:28 PM - How to write really slow Rust code - Part 2
- 31 Jul 2021, 10:50 AM - How to write really slow Rust code
- 24 Jul 2021, 02:54 PM - Revisiting Prechelt’s paper and follow-ups comparing Java, Lisp, C/C++ and scripting languages
- 22 Nov 2020, 09:25 PM - Vanilla Java: Using Java SE as a Framework
- 01 Nov 2020, 07:39 PM - Why Gradle is loathed while actually being great!
- 17 May 2020, 06:50 PM - Taking Project Loom for a spin
Most popular, or just my own favourite, blog posts:
- 24 Feb 2019, 10:42 PM - Fearless concurrency: how Clojure, Rust, Pony, Erlang and Dart let you achieve that.
- 09 Jun 2018, 8:18 AM - A 7MB native-image Java app that runs in 30ms and uses only 4MB of RAM!
- 05 May 2018, 6:35 PM - Building a mobile frontend for a Go application using Flutter
- 10 Dec 2017, 10:24 PM - Announcing RawHTTP - a JVM library for handling raw HTTP
- 21 Oct 2017, 4:42 PM - Say no to Electron! Using JavaFX to write a fast, responsive desktop application
- 21 Oct 2017, 7:27 PM - Kotlin’s hidden costs - Benchmarks
- 21 Jan 2017, 6:49 PM - 4 free ways to hot-swap code on the JVM
- 30 Sep 2015, 8:32 PM - Groovy - REST client without using libraries
- 23 Mar 2013, 1:17 PM - Hybrid programming languages: will they take off?
Click here to see the full list of blog posts I have written, including those in other websites.
Here is a list of my favourite side-projects.
I use side-projects to try new things, learn technologies in depth, create useful things I actually need!!! And, to be frank, because I love writing software, even in my spare time when I get a chance!
Please visit my GitHub repositories for a full list.